Deciding whether or not to remove the new Google option, “search, plus your world” is completely up to you. I wrote an article called “Is Google giving you bad results” and stated my case why this new feature is bad for you.
This is how you remove the new feature which will remove “personalized results”. If you are like me and never had cookies enabled then you don’t need to worry about the new options.
There are two levels of removal. First, you can let Google collect the information that it needs for the “personalized results” without getting the results.
Toward the top right of the page you will see this:
When you click on the little person you will add and receive “personalized results”. Just click on the globe to get uninfluenced results like you’re used to.
If you want to remove these options completely, you just need to follow these five easy steps.
1. Log into your Google account.
2. At the top of the Google page you will see an icon in the shape of a gear. Click on it.
3. A drop down menu will appear. Click on “search settings”
4. This will take you to a new page. Go to the bottom of the page and look for “Personal results” and then click on “Do not use personal results”.
5. Below that you will see the option to “Save”. Click on that and you’re done.
I'm 30 years old from San Jacinto CA. I'm married to my beautiful wife Christine, love my family and enjoy writing. I started Figurethingsout.com to give people a new way to express their views over the internet and for readers to learn something new by reading what their peers have to say and not the mainstream media. I hope you enjoy what I and my fellow contributers have to say and look forward to reading your comments.
3 Responses to “How To Remove Google Personalized Results”